Friday, February 17, 2012

Making "mistakes"

Hey there:

Over the last couple of days, I haven't had time to be at my desk playing with pens, paints, and powders.  I hope to remedy that situation tomorrow.  In the meantime, I was reading through the blogs I like to follow and came across this one today.

What I love about this is that Ali Edwards - one of the most well-known and beloved names in the scrapbooking field - walks us through one of her creations in an honest, transparent way.  In this post, we see that scrapbooking is truly a process.  You start with a vision that may or may not turn out the way you see it in your head, you use tools you're not familiar with and find out they do exactly what you wanted them to do - or not - and you make mistakes.  When I make a mistake in my scrapbooking, I tend to go with it.  What can I add to it?  How can I change my original vision to embrace what I just goofed up?  Is there a creative way to cover it that will look as if I planned it that way all along?  See?  It's very difficult to truly make a mistake.

Anyway, on with Ali's process.  I really like the way she wrote the embossed words on this and then journaled in between.  Definitely a technique I want to try.  Enjoy!

http://aliedwards.com/2012/02/siblings-traditional-scrapbook-layout.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+aliedwards+%28%7B+A+%7D%29



Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment